Graphic Designer - FETE
Full Time | FETE | New York, NY
Seeking a graphic designer to work with FETE, a leading event planning and design firm in New York City. A fast paced, high-energy environment with exposure to a range of graphic design opportunities including paper products, large production graphics, websites and more.
This creative individual should be a self-starter, who is ideally experienced in paper product design and can bring unique ideas to the table, with a strong design foundation and understanding of the principles of typography and layout. Experience with print production and knowledge of best print practices is a huge plus.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop design concepts for invitations, logos, menus, packaging, escort cards and all paper product elements necessary for event design
- Design concepts for large production graphics - vinyls, dance floor and bar applications, and more.
- Work closely with senior graphic designer, event planners and the creative director
- Check layout specs, including bleed, trim, resolution, color space, and file management
- Build, maintain, and release print files for prepress
- Stay keenly aware of production deadlines and manage time accordingly
- Set deadlines, manage expectations, and follow up on projects with a strong sense of urgency
- Contribute to an environment that is efficient, professional, proactive, and team oriented
- Multitask in a fast-paced, creative space
- Interact across departmental divisions and integrate and collaborate with them
- Must be creative, self-motivated, and able to work independently, as well as in a team
- 2-4 years of professional graphic design experience
- Strong Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop skills
- Submit a portfolio/website and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary commensurate with experience.